1. What information we collect and hold
Modscape provides design and construction services across Australia. We will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide these services. The type of information we may collect and hold varies depending on the purpose for which it is collected (as set out at paragraph 3 below) and includes contact information (e.g. full name, address, email address, phone number/s, etc).
2. How we collect and keep safe your personal information
How we collect and store personal information varies depending on the purpose for which it is collected but may include the collecting of copies of your:
- written correspondence with us; or
- request for assistance and/or other associated documents and information that you may provide to us in relation to this request; or
- queries or complaints; or
- information provided for competitions/promotions/offers we conduct.
We may keep copies of the above documents (in physical or electronic form at our discretion) as is necessary to provide our services. All personal information is securely stored at all times by us or an authorised external service provider and only authorised people will have access to the above documents and information. Personal information we collect will not be disclosed overseas.
3. Why we collect and hold personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for purposes necessary to carry out our services. Generally, these purposes include:
- to keep in contact with you and inform you of our work (including providing you with our newsletter, if subscribed);
- to provide you with the services requested by you from us;
- for general marketing and promotional purposes;
- to comply with our reporting obligations to the Australian Taxation Office and other government agencies and public sector bodies;
- to conduct a promotion/competition or offer;
- to provide to our legal advisors, when needed, and other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information; or
- for research and development.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy and we will only use your personal information for a permitted purpose for which we have collected the information.
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us, unless we believe it is impracticable to do so in the circumstances. If you wish to deal with us in this manner, you must tell us in writing so that we can consider if your request is practicable.
4. How we may share your information
If necessary to provide our services, we may need to disclose your personal information to external service providers (such as information technology service providers, legal service providers, mailing houses etc.). These external service providers are strictly prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which you have given us your personal information. Otherwise, we will only share your personal information in accordance with your express consent and instructions, as provided through the exclusions set out in the Australian Privacy Principles. We do not supply our database information to other marketing organisations not acting on our behalf.
5. How you can access and seek correction of your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access or seek correction of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details below. For security reasons you will be asked to put your request in writing.
To enable us to verify your request, we require you to advise the following:
- your full name;
- contact phone number; and
- the relevant department or service (if known) that your request relates to.
There is no application fee for making a request to access your personal information. While we do not normally charge for providing individuals with access to their personal information, we reserve the right to charge you for our reasonable costs in complying with a request for access. These costs will not be excessive.
6. How you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
We are committed to protecting your privacy and upholding the Australian Privacy Principles. If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles please contact our Privacy Officer with your concerns at the contact details below. We take all complaints very seriously and we will endeavour to respond to your complaint and address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable.
7. How you can contact our Privacy Officer
|Postal address:||430 Francis Street, Brooklyn, VIC 3012|
|Phone:||03 9314 7769|
8. Supplementary Information – Internet and Email Privacy
We do not collect any personal information on visitors to our website unless they elect to subscribe to our newsletter.
We do collect non-personal information that allows us to log information about visitors to our website for statistical purposes, such as:
- the number of unique sessions as identified by server address and top-level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .org, etc.);
- the number of page hits;
- the pages accessed or downloaded by session;
- the type of browser being used;
- the length of time spent on the site and on particular pages;
- the device being used (e.g. desktop or mobile); and
- the type of mobile device being used (e.g. iPhone 4).
- we may have implemented and use Display Advertising;
- we may use Remarketing with Facebook and Google Analytics to advertise online;
- third-party vendors, including Google, Facebook, web beacons and similar technologies to collect or receive information from website may show our ads on sites across the Internet;
- we and third-party vendors, including Facebook and Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website; and
- users can opt out by utilising Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add On and/or Ads Preferences Manager.